Quality and Environment Policy
Josep's mobiliari, as a leading, modern and innovative Catalan company manufacturing furniture and accessories, defines its Quality and Environment Policy:
- Clearly understand the explicit and implicit demands, requirements and expectations of our customers.
- Develop our organisation in a coherent manner in order to respond appropriately to the current and future situation of the market.
- Disseminate the established quality and environmental objectives and criteria throughout all llevels of our organisation.
- Comply with quality and environmental legislation and regulations and with any other requirement determined by Josep's mobiliari.
- Keep track of system indicators and level of progress, in order to better know and guarantee the level of service and quality required by our customers.
- Commit to processes which reduce environmental impact and assess in advance the environmental impact of our activities or services in order to preserve and protect the environment.
- Minimise polluting emissions and waste production in order to preserve resources, as well as to prevent accidental emissions of substances or energy.
- Communicate our quality and environment policy to all stakeholders.
- Develop continuous training programmes adapted to the needs of our internal and external customers, as well as information about the environmental aspects of business activities.
- Instigate new internal initiatives to protect the environment, commit to renewable energies and zero-emissions internal vehicles.
- Consolidate the process of continuing improvement in the carrying out all of the activities undertaken in our company.
- Encourage and achieve a stimulating and motivating environment for all members of the company and promote a sense of responsibility in relation to quality and the environment.
- Safety is the main tool for a job well done.
Hostalric, January 2020
Manager of JOSEP’S MOBILIARI.
Code of ethics
The energy that has fuelled the growth of JOSEP'S MOBILIARI since 1983 is made up of the desire to innovate with regard to machinery, always do the best job possible, trust in the competence of staff and suppliers, and, above all, to prioritise the needs of the customer and the protection of the environment.
In order to go one step further in our commitment to continuous improvement, we provide you with the following code of ethics as a guide for the professional behaviour of all Josep's mobiliari workers.
In addition, a suggestions and comments box has been made available to all staff, in order to communicate any improvement or complaint about inappropriate behaviour as per the guidelines of this code of ethics to the Quality and Environment department.
Commitment to human and labour rights
- Employment will be freely chosen
There will be no forced or involuntary labour. Everyone is freely at their work station.
Workers will not have to leave any "deposits" or identity documentation in the custody of
- The freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining will be respected
Without any distinction, workers will have the right to join or form the unions of their choice,
as well as to bargain collectively.
The workers' representatives will not be discriminated against and will be able to carry out their representative functions in the workplace
In those cases, in which the law restricts the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining, Josep's mobiliari will facilitate and not hinder the development of parallel means of association and free and independent negotiation.
- There will be no discrimination
There will be no discrimination in hiring, compensation, training, promoting, dismissing or retirement on the grounds of race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or union or political affiliation.
- Inhuman or severe treatment will not be permitted
Physical abuse or punishment, the threat of physical abuse or sexual or other harassment, as well as verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation are prohibited.
- Regular work will be provided
In all aspects, the work carried out will have to be on the basis of recognised labour relations established through national legislation and practices.
Obligations towards employees in accordance with labour laws and regulations or the social security system, derived from conventional labour relations, shall not be circumvented through the use of labour contracts, subcontracts or domestic work contracts, nor through Internship programs in which there is no intention to equip the worker with skills or provide a regular occupation, nor will these obligations be avoided through the excessive use of contracts of limited duration.
Commitment to Health and Safety at Work
- Working conditions will be safe and hygienic
Josep's mobiliari provides a safe and hygienic working environment, keeping up to speed
with the prevailing industry know-how, as well as any specific danger. Necessary measures will be taken to avoid any accidents and damage to health derived from the work, associated with it or that could arise in the course of its undertaking. Workers will receive regular training with written materials in health and safety, which will be repeated for new or reassigned workers. Access to clean conditions and drinking water will be provided, along with, if necessary, sanitary facilities for food storage.
- No child labour will be used
No child labour will be hired. Minors under the age of 18 will not be employed for any type of work.
- A living wage will be paid
The wages and allowances paid for a standard working week will have to comply, as a minimum, with the appropriate national legal or industrial regulations, whichever establishesthe highest wages and allowances. In any case, wages must always be sufficient to cover basic
needs and allow for certain discretionary income.
All workers will be provided with written and understandable information about their working conditions in relation to wages before accepting.
Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure will not be permitted nor will any deduction not provided for by national law be practised without the express consent of the worker concerned. All disciplinary measures will have to be recorded.
- Working hours will not be excessive
Working hours must comply with national legislation, collective agreements and international
legislation, so that an enhanced protection is offered to the workers.
Hours of work, excluding overtime, will be contractually defined and will not exceed 40 hours per week.
Overtime will be voluntary and will be carried out responsibly, taking into account the
following aspects: the scope, frequency and hours worked by each worker individually and the staff as a whole.
Commitment to the environment
Business activity will be carried out with respect for the environment, complying with the standards established in the regulations on this issue. Commitment to sustainable development, and the implementation of a policy that allows the environmental effects generated by each of the processes to be identified in order to minimise the environmental impact.
- Waste minimisation
Conscious effort to design processes that reduce the environmental impact of activity and evaluate in advance the environmental impact of new activities or services in order to preserve and protect the environment. Minimise polluting emissions and waste production to preserve resources, as well as prevent accidental emissions of substances or energy.
Commitment to CSR
- Social and economic development
Josep's mobiliari expresses its commitment to the principles of corporate social responsibility, promoting and contributing actively and voluntarily to social and economic development in the regions of La Selva, Pla de l'Estany, Vallès Oriental and Maresme.
- Reconciliation of family and professional life
Balance between work obligations and personal and family life is obtained through a human resources policy that generates measures ensuring it is possible to make the commitment to the Company compatible with the time necessary for the development of a satisfying private life.
Commitment to professionalism
- Professionalism at work
Josep's mobiliari employees will exercise the competences that befall them according to their job titles, employing criteria that give the greatest efficiency, at the lowest possible cost, and always following the relevant guidelines according to their respective technical training.
- Confidentiality of information
All Josep's mobiliari employees are obliged to protect all confidential and private information that they come into contact with by reason of their position - be it technical, financial, commercial or of any other nature - and not to use it outside the scope of their
employment relationship, or disclose it to third parties, without the prior written consent of the company. Those employees who, due to their level of responsibility, have access to www.Joseps.com particularly sensitive information, may be required by the Company to sign specific confidentiality commitments as an annex to their main employment contract.
This Code of Ethics is approved by the Management of Josep's mobiliari and is distributed in hard copy to every member of the company. In addition, copies are placed in the information panels located in warehouses 3 and 4, and it is published for viewing by any interested party on the website